Today, I honor your past Wounds & Struggles as valuable training ground for your Purposeful Work.
When I think about some of my past struggles and wounds, it is easy now to see the gifts they gave me. It is also clear to see how they helped shape me into the leader that I am, doing the work I'm meant to do.
Let's take a look at my personal wounds as examples of how our past struggles can lead us to our most purposeful work:
1. My wound from my sister's suicide and the trauma of finding her...led to my passion for helping us liberate ourselves through LIFE (rather than death).
2. My struggle with depression in 2002 and intimate experiences with wanting to die...led to my Joy of being fully alive and supporting my community to make the most of our precious lives.
3. My wound around privilege--the shame I carried growing up in a white upper middle class family...led to my satisfaction of helping other people of privilege to use their resources & freedom to make their unique contribution in the world and fully give what they are born to give.
4. My struggle with my inner critic, perfectionism, and periods of self-hatred...led to my passion to help each of us love ALL of who we are and ensure that our work is fueled by love.
5. My wound around illness and feeling dependent on others...led to my prowess of connecting with our wise inner-guidance, personal power, and sense of self-trust.
6. My struggles with being a chameleon people-pleaser, contorting myself to meet others' expectations...led to my deepest purpose of embodying who I truly am and helping others to express their own uniqueness in bold ways in the world.
That was my Wounded Warrior Show & Tell. Now it's your turn. Make a list of the wounds and struggles you have moved through in your life. Note what you gained from the healing journey. Then connect the dots. If they were all leading you down a path to your unique Calling...What purposeful work have your past wounds and struggles prepared and called you to do now?
Access Jessica's Online Mini-Course for Free right now when you sign up for the SPARK Mailing List. Be guided in five experiences that move you beyond fear to say Yes to your greater calling. Receive ongoing support through our SPARK eZine delivered to your inbox to inspire your soul-satisfying work.