In each SPARK Retreat, Jessica Chilton and all co-facilitators agree to do their personal best to create a respectful, loving space in which participants can experience whatever is in their highest good. In turn, we ask that each participant takes full and complete personal responsibility for their own experience at the retreat and does their personal best to co-create a respectful, loving environment for all.
To cover the legal business aspects of running a retreat, we ask that all participants release Jessica Chilton, SPARK Creative Wellness Studio, LLC, and all co-facilitators, from any and all liability as each participant takes full responsibility for their own experience.
When registering for a SPARK Retreat you are checking a box that says you agree to this Retreat Agreement.
When registering for a SPARK Retreat, I accept and agree to the terms and provisions contained in this agreement:
- In consideration of participating in this SPARK Retreat, I agree and acknowledge that I am fully aware that participation in the retreat involves risks and I accept all the risks of participating, even if the risks are created by the carelessness, negligence or gross negligence of a Released Party (as defined below) or anyone else.
- “Claims” includes but is not limited to any and all liabilities, claims, demands, legal actions, rights of actions for damages, personal injury or death in connection with participation in the “SPARK Retreat”. “Released Party” means Jessica Chilton, SPARK Creative Wellness LLC, or any of their affiliates, facilitators and their respective representatives, directors, officers, agents, employees or volunteer staff. “Released Party” also means Bear Creek Cabins or any other retreat site.
- I agree and acknowledge that:
~ I am in proper physical condition to participate in the SPARK Retreat and all of the activities therein, and am aware that participation could, in some circumstances, result in psychological, emotional injury, serious physical injury or death.
~ I understand my physical limitations and am sufficiently self-aware to stop physical activity before I become ill or injured.
~ I am aware that if an activity during the “SPARK Retreat” occurs outdoors, the streets adjourning the area of the activity are open to regular vehicular traffic during the activity and I will obey all traffic laws and regulations.
~ I accept full responsibility for any product or technology loaned to me as part of participation in the “SPARK Retreat” and commit to return the same in good working order.
- I hereby, for myself and for my heirs, next of kin, executors, administrators and assigns, fully release, waive and forever discharge any and all rights or Claims I may have, now or in the future, against any Released Party, even if the Claims are based on the carelessness, negligence or gross negligence of a Released Party or anyone else. Without limiting the foregoing, I further release any recourses which I may now or hereafter have resulting from any decision of any Released Party.
- I agree not to sue any Released Party for Claims, even if the Claims arise from the carelessness, negligence or gross negligence of any Released Party or anyone else.
- I agree to indemnify (reimburse for any loss) and hold harmless each Released Party from any loss or liability (including any reasonable legal fees they may incur) defending any Claim made by me or anyone making a Claim on my behalf, even if the Claim is alleged to or did result from the carelessness or negligence of any Released Party or anyone else.
- I am aware that there is no obligation for any person to provide me with medical care during the “SPARK Retreat”. I understand and acknowledge that:
~ there may be no aid stations available during certain activities of the “SPARK Retreat”.
~ if medical care is rendered to me, I consent to that care if I am unable to give my consent for any reason at the time the care is rendered.
~ I am aware that it is advisable to consult a physician prior to participating in the “SPARK Retreat”. If I have consulted a physician, I have taken the physician’s advice.
- No warranties or representations have been made to me about the “SPARK Retreat” which are not stated on this form. I understand and intend that this document act as the broadest and most inclusive assumption of risk, waiver, release of liability, agreement not to sue and indemnity.
- If any provision of this agreement shall be unlawful, void or for any reason unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed severable from this agreement and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions.
- I hereby acknowledge that I may be required to use an automobile to travel to and from the “SPARK Retreat” or as part of the “SPARK Retreat”. I hereby acknowledge that I have the authority to use such automobile and that the automobile is fully insured for use in the “SPARK Retreat”. I accept full responsibility for the automobile and that use of the automobile in the “SPARK Retreat” will be at my own risk.
- I have fully read and understand this agreement. I am aware that by registering for this SPARK Retreat, I am waiving certain legal rights, or those of my heirs, next of kin, executors, administrators and assigns may have against the Released Party.
In summary, I agree to take full personal responsibility for all aspects of my experience at this SPARK Retreat.